Thursday, May 4, 2017

Volunteer Opportunity

Hello ALL!

I miss you guys and think we should get together for a breakfast soon.

Now, on to business.

South Euclid Municipal Court Judge Gayle Williams-Byers is running for re-election. She is running unopposed at the moment but still needs signatures to turn into the board of elections so that she is actually on the ballot. Canvassing will be this Sunday, May 7th, 3pm-6pm. If you can't make it the whole time that's ok. Canvass as long as you are able. We will meet at the judges house. Message me if you are interested and I'll pass along her address.

I know some of you were asking about the merger of our Muni Court with Lyndhurst. This is not a done deal. The vote that city council had last year was to simply to ask the state to allow them to investigate the feasibility of a merger with ANY neighboring city. Lyndhurst, in my opinion would be a bad city it merge with as it is very different demographically. Some one at the Den meeting mentioned that it would also change our representation in state or house congresses. I am not sure how true that is. It was suggested that Cleveland Heights may be the better option if we were to go through with it. City Council President Jane Goodman mentioned that we would be able to keep Judge Williams-Byers after merger. I am not quite sure what that all entails and if she is at the next meeting I intend to get clarification. Also, mentioned was that there may be 3 public town halls on the subject.

I will endeavor to keep you all informed on this.

Now, some personal news.

I was elected Secretary of the South Euclid Democratic Club. I am trying to bring it into 2017 and have set up a twitter, @southeucliddems and Facebook, South Euclid Democrats, account. There will be a website shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment